Such an imposing title. It has to be cool.~
The Reaper Quad-Color Clash is an event created by our partners at Aetherworks in Sydney, Australia. The Quad-Color Clash is an event that is as easy or as difficult as you’d like to make it. However, the glory and rewards will go to the artist that pushes the limits and chooses the hard path!
Still with us? We hope so
The concept of the Quad-Color Clash is simple and consists of three steps.
- Choose four Reaper MSP Paints (Core Colors, Bones, Pathfinder, HD, or even Pro-Paints) to create your palette. (Yes, Black and White each count as a color choice).
- Choose a Reaper Miniatures model. Any model that suits your fancy.
- Paint that model using only the four colors of your palette.
The tricky part is to choose colors that will get your painted model noticed. Choosing a palette where the colors clash and pull off an imaginative creation will surely get some attention in the Quad-Color Clash.
To paint a tree man, you could choose a brown, grey, green and black palette. Not hard to imagine what the outcome would be. Sadly though, no matter how well painted, it probably wouldn’t get picked.
On the other end of choices you choose a grey, orange, blue and yellow palette. Not as easy to imagine, but a little blue, yellow mixing for some green shades. Supported by blue and grey for the tree trunk. Add a splash of orange ivy vines creeping up from the base. Throw in a dash of OSL to create a full moon light angle and you might have a winner.
Up to the challenge of our Quad-Color Clash? Then please check out the fine print below.
- To be judged for a prize you must use both a Reaper Miniatures model and Reaper paints.
- You can elect to use any other manufacturer's model and/or paints to participate. However, these postings will be ignored for the awarding of prizes.
- Post your model with your palette of colors in the background using the images above as a guide.
- A team of Reaper Reviewers made up of Reaper staff and industry professionals will be looking at all entries; each Reaper Reviewer will choose 10 "QCC” entries from each of the platforms listed below! (40 from each Reaper Reviewer)
- Some of the "QCC" models will be shown on our Sunday night Twitch channel! We'll be compiling and posting these entries on reaperconlive.com and on our socials each week throughout the year.
- To show off your model in the ReaperCon Live Quad-Color Clash, you'll use a #quadcolorclash2020 that we'll release at the start of ReaperCon Live on Thursday night's Opening Ceremony!
- We encourage fans to look through all the submissions by using the #quadcolorclash2020 during ReaperCon Live 2020 and Like/Upvote/Favorite!
- For each platform listed below, each Reaper Reviewer will choose 10 entries from each of the platforms as their "QCC Favorites". (Example: Ron will choose ten Facebook, Twitter, Discord, and Instagram entries for his 40 "QCC Favorites" selections.)
- Each "QCC Favorite" entry that is chosen will receive a $20 E-Gift Certificate to Reapermini.com
- Anyone whose model has been selected as a "QCC Favorite" will be contacted via the social media platform that they were picked from.
Platforms for the Showcase!
- Facebook: Using #quadcolorclash2020 you can enter your model(s).
- Instagram: Using #quadcolorclash2020 will enter your model(s) into the Showcase, "Like" submissions in this hashtag show them you like them.
- Discord: Go to the discord and find the channel labeled "Showcase" and add a Thumbs Up 👍🏼 reaction to the photos.
- Twitter: Use #quadcolorclash2020 to showcase your model(s).
How many models can each participant enter?
You can enter as many as you want, on all platforms.
May I prime the figure?
Yes, of course. You are limited to white, grey or black only. You are not allowed to “touch up” your primed color, if it shows on the final model unless you also chose the color as one of your four colors.
To avoid confusion, this question was originally discussed on our Reaper Live show, and it was stated that "any" color primer could be used.
In subsequent discussion it has been decided to limit primer to the above basic colors, specifically white, black, or grey.
How many photos of each model can be submitted?
Please try to put all the photos in one post. Twitter allows 4, Instagram and Facebook allow more than that. If posting to the discord, stick to one to stop spam, or post a collage with all your pictures in one file.
What is the deadline for submitting entries?
Sunday at 12:00 pm Central will be the cut off date of when we will be looking through submissions that afternoon. Texas time.
* The hashtag will be annouced on Thursday night during the opening ceremony!
This contest is conducted at the pleasure of Reaper Miniatures. We reserve the right to update the rules at any time, without notice. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Your milage may vary.